The program curriculum, which is designed by the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, includes 8-levels of study: Foundation of Hospitality Management; Communication and Business tools; Business Analysis; International Business Protocol; Integrated Hospitality Management; Integrated Tourism Management; Integrated Projects; and two Industry Internships.
The core mission of this partnership and the program is to develop the knowledge, competencies and mindset of students, using Swiss hospitality standards that focus on transferring theory to practice and personal development in the hospitality and tourism industries.
Graduates of the program will be accredited by both the University of Prince Mugrin and the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne.
Encourage young Saudis to specialize in different branches of the tourism and hospitality industry by building awareness about career opportunities in this sector.
Leveraging local and international expertise to develop a world-class tourist destination.
Equip young Saudis with the right skills, knowledge and understanding of key areas of the tourism and hospitality industry to prepare and qualify local talent for the workplace, through the provision of leading educational programs.
Mobilize local and international expertise to develop in young Saudis the values and best practices required to create world-class destinations in the Kingdom.
Actively promote fields of study matched with the operational needs of TRSDC or the companies working on The Red Sea Project
Provide young Saudis pursuing a career in tourism with hands-on experience in the sector.
- Be 17 years of age or older.
- Hold a high school diploma, with a cumulative average performance in standardized testing of at least 75 percent for all high-school tracks.
- Be proficient in English, with an IELTS score of 4 and above for the prep-year admission. Advancement to the hospitality program requires a minimum IELTS score of 6.
- Pass all psychometric tests and interviews before, during and/or after admission to the program (prep and hospitality).
- Sign (or have guardian sign on their behalf) a letter of commitment with TRSDC to work at The Red Sea Project for a minimum period of 3 years upon successfully graduating from the program.
The weighted assessment for admission according to the above criteria will be:
- 70 percent on the cumulative average
- 30 percent on English proficiency
- Priority of seats will be given to students from Tabuk and Madinah
The curriculum for the program is shaped around 3 key areas:
- Globalization and culture
- The needs of international and local travelers/clients
- The richness of Saudi Arabian culture and tradition
The goals of the program are:
- To equip students with a solid academic and hands-on learning program, including two internships prior to graduation.
- To provide a learning experience in a state-of-the-art international educational setting. Priority of seats will be given to students from Tabuk and Madinah.
- To foster positive team-learning experiences by encouraging personal contact among students, faculty members and industry professionals.
- To help students work and deal with international organizations in a manner that reflects well on their professionalism and their country.
University of Prince Mugrin
The mission of the university is to provide world-class education across various disciplines by offering high quality academic and research degree programs in line with international standards. UPM endeavors to contribute significantly to the total economic development of the Kingdom by preparing its male and female graduates for the changing dynamics of careers and growth industries under Vision 2030.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
Founded as the first hotel school in 1893 by Jacques Tschumi, EHL has a historical proximity to the tourism and hotel industry. This historical relationship differentiates EHL and strengthens their work with academic institutions and organizations regionally and worldwide. EHL’s defining qualities of academic excellence, emotional intelligence and human strength are embodied by a network of 25,000 alumni around the world.