The program aims to prepare leaders and specialists in International Hospitality Management by providing a curriculum combining theoretical knowledge and hands-on experiences using Swiss and international hospitality standards.
The program is designed to prepare the students for the job market through practical experiences and training for two semesters. Final practical projects will be delivered in the last semester upon graduation. The graduates will receive a certificate from UPM accredited by Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne after successful completion of the program requirements.
Encourage young Saudis to specialize in different branches of the tourism and hospitality.
Leveraging local and international expertise to develop a world-class tourist destination.
Equip young Saudis with the right skills to prepare and qualify local talent for the workplace.
Create new career paths to lead the future of tourism in Saudi Arabia.
Actively promote fields of study matched with the operational needs of TRSDC.
Provide young Saudis pursuing a career in tourism with hands-on experience in the sector.
- Be 17 years of age or older.
- Hold a high school diploma, with a cumulative average performance in standardized testing of at least 75 percent for all high-school tracks.
- Be proficient in English, with an IELTS score of 6 and above for the prep-year admission valid until September 1st, 2020.
- Pass all psychometric tests and interviews.
- Write an introductory letter in English expressing why do you want to join the program ( Between 120-250 words).
- Sign (or have guardian sign on their behalf) a letter of commitment with TRSDC to work at The Red Sea Project for a minimum period of 4 years upon successfully graduating from the program.
The weighted assessment for admission according to the above criteria will be:
- 40% on the cumulative average
- 30% on Qiyas
- 30% on Tahsili
Final nomination for admission will be based on:
- 50% on GPA
- 10% on the interview
- 40% on English proficiency
- To equip students with a solid academic and hands-on learning program, including internships prior to graduation.
- To provide a learning experience in a state-of-the-art international educational setting.
- To foster positive team-learning experiences by encouraging personal contact among students, faculty members and industry professionals.
- To help students work and deal with international organizations in a manner that develops their professional skills.
University of Prince Mugrin
The mission of the university is to provide world-class education across various disciplines by offering high quality academic and research degree programs in line with international standards. UPM endeavors to contribute significantly to the total economic development of the Kingdom by preparing its male and female graduates for the changing dynamics of careers and growth industries under Vision 2030.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
Founded as the first hotel school in 1893 by Jacques Tschumi, EHL has a historical proximity to the tourism and hotel industry. This historical relationship differentiates EHL and strengthens their work with academic institutions and organizations regionally and worldwide. EHL’s defining qualities of academic excellence, emotional intelligence and human strength are embodied by a network of 25,000 alumni around the world.