The Red Sea Development Company (TRSDC), in partnership with the University of Prince Mugrin (UPM) and the École hôtelière de Lausanne hospitality business school (EHL), is offering scholarships for high school graduates to study for a bachelor’s degree in international hospitality management. Upon successful completion, TRSDC and its partners will seek to provide job opportunities to suitably qualified graduates.
The program aims to prepare leaders and specialists in International Hospitality Management by providing a curriculum that combines theoretical knowledge and hands-on experiences based on Swiss and international hospitality standards.
It is specially designed to prepare students for the job market through practical experiences and training over two semesters. At the end of their studies, graduates will receive a certificate from UPM accredited by EHL demonstrating their successful completion of the program requirements.
The program offers two tracks:
1- Fast Track: a 4-year-program in which students will directly start the major, excluding the preparatory year
2- Full Track: a 5-year program in which students also take a preparatory year that then qualifies them to start the major
Encourage young Saudis to specialize in different branches of tourism and hospitality
Leverage local and international expertise to develop a world-class tourist destination
Equip young Saudis with the right skills to prepare and qualify them for the workplace
Create new career paths to lead the future of tourism in Saudi Arabia
Actively promote fields of study matched with the operational needs of TRSDC
Provide young Saudis pursuing a career in tourism with hands-on experience in the sector
- Must be a Saudi national
- Must present a medical report proving that they are physically and psychologically fit to work in the hospitality industry
- Must have a high school degree (as a full-time student) from inside KSA or an equivalent degree from abroad
- Should not exceed five years since graduation from high school
- Should be registered as a full-time student
- Must be less than 23 years old
- Achieve SAAT and cognitive ability tests above 60%
- Achieve SAAT and cognitive ability tests within expiry dates set as per ETEC Policy
- Must not have acceptance in another program or degree at UPM or any other university
- Must complete psychometric assessment if required
- Must submit all required documents during the registration stage
- Needs to sign (or have a guardian sign on their behalf) a letter of commitment to work at any of TRSDC’s projects or its partners for a minimum of 4 years upon successfully graduating from the program
- Must ensure all information provided is correct and complete. Otherwise, the application will not be considered
- Who meets all the above requirements may be invited for interview
- Is responsible for tracking their application through UPM’s portal and official platforms
Special Conditions for the Fast-Track Program:
- Must have 6 or above in IELTS or any equivalent standardized tests
- Must write a Statement of Purpose in English expressing why you want to join the program (120-250 words)
University of Prince Mugrin
The mission of the university is to provide world-class education across various disciplines by offering high quality academic and research degree programs in line with international standards. UPM endeavors to contribute significantly to the total economic development of the Kingdom by preparing its male and female graduates for the changing dynamics of careers and growth industries under Vision 2030.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne
Founded as the first hotel school in 1893 by Jacques Tschumi, EHL has a historical proximity to the tourism and hotel industry. This historical relationship differentiates EHL and strengthens their work with academic institutions and organizations regionally and worldwide. EHL’s defining qualities of academic excellence, emotional intelligence and human strength are embodied by a network of 25,000 alumni around the world.